Here Are A Few Quick Tips:
- Keep your thermostat set at 68ºF in winter and 78ºF in summer.
- Make sure the vents for your heating/cooling system are not obstructed by furniture or rugs.
- Use ceiling fans running forward in summer to create a breeze and running in reverse in winter to help circulate heated air.
- Keep your water heater set at 120oF
- Change the air filter of your heating and cooling system every 60 days, and keep the outdoor unit clear of grass leaves and other debris.
- Keep the lint tray and vent hose on your clothes dryer clean.
- Wash clothes in cold water when possible and try to do laundry in full loads instead of lots of little loads.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer door seals in good shape.
- Use the air-dry setting on your dishwasher.
- Limit showers to 7 minutes.
- Devices such as computers, heaters, large-screen televisions, stereos, and coffee makers can waste energy when not in use. Turn them off!