Bright Ideas Grant Application
The Bright Ideas program began with the North Carolina Statewide EMC in 1994 and has since been adopted by many EMC's across the country, including Southern Rivers Energy.
It is funded by our Operation Round Up program and is aimed at providing teachers in our communities with the tools they need to make their creative and innovative lesson plans a reality for their students.
It is our hope that these grants will inspire teachers to think outside the box and create exciting projects that will re-energize their classrooms!
- Grants are open to all subjects.
- Grants will be awarded to certified school teachers instructing students in grades K-12 (public or private) in Bibb, Coweta, Crawford, Lamar, Meriwether, Monroe, Pike, Spalding and Upson counties.
- Applicants agree that their name, photo and project may be used in print, broadcast and other forms of media in publications of Southern Rivers Energy and the Southern Rivers Energy Trust, Inc.
- No handwritten applications will be accepted.
- Maximum amount of grant is $1000.Projects can be funded up to $1,000 or they may be partially funded.
- Do not include the name of your county or school in parts 2, 3 or 4. Failure to follow application guidelines will result in disqualification.
- Applications must be submitted and received before 12:00 a.m. Friday, September 5, 2014.
- Early Bird deadline and entry in the $250 OfficeMax gift card drawing is August 22, 2014.
- Applications received after the September 5, 2014 deadline will not be considered.
- Projects must benefit students in grades PreK-12.
- Teachers may only be an applicant or team member of one project per school year.
- Principal must approve project.
- Uses innovative, creative learning experiences for students (40 percent)
- Benefits and directly involves students (15 percent)
- Involves teamwork (10 percent)
- Clearly defined goals, learning objectives and plan of implementation (30 percent)
- Provides an adequate budget summary (5 percent)
If grant is awarded:
- Grant must be used within 18 months.
- Applicant will follow up with a report about grant.
- Applicant and team members grant sponsors the right to use their name, photo and information about grant in publicity.
Contact Erin Cook at 770-358-1383 or 877-358-1383 ext. 332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.