Bright Ideas Grant Application
The Bright Ideas program began with the North Carolina Statewide EMC in 1994 and has since been adopted by many EMC's across the country, including Southern Rivers Energy.
It is funded by our Operation Round Up program and is aimed at providing teachers in our communities with the tools they need to make their creative and innovative lesson plans a reality for their students.
It is our hope that these grants will inspire teachers to think outside the box and create exciting projects that will re-energize their classrooms!
- Grants are open to all subjects.
- Projects can be funded up to $1,000 or they may be partially funded.
- The maximum grant amount is $1,000 and the total amount to be awarded in 2013 is $20,000.
- Applications must be submitted and received before 12:00 a.m. Friday, September 6, 2013.
- Early Bird deadline and entry in the $250 OfficeMax gift card drawing is August 23, 2013.
- Applications received after the September 6, 2013 deadline will not be considered.
- State-certified public or private school teachers in grades PreK-12 in Bibb, Coweta, Crawford, Lamar, Meriwether, Monroe, Pike, Spalding and Upson counties.
- Projects must benefit students in grades PreK-12.
- Teachers may only be an applicant or team member of one project per school year.
- Principal must approve project.
- Uses innovative, creative learning experiences for students (40 percent)
- Benefits and directly involves students (15 percent)
- Involves teamwork (10 percent)
- Clearly defined goals, learning objectives and plan of implementation (30 percent)
- Provides an adequate budget summary (5 percent)
If grant is awarded:
- Grant must be used within 18 months.
- Applicant will follow up with a report about grant.
- Applicant and team members grant sponsors the right to use their name, photo and information about grant in publicity.
Contact Erin Cook at 770-358-1383 or 877-358-1383 ext. 332 or firstname.lastname@example.org.