You have the power to control your energy usage and your costs, and Southern Rivers Energy is committed to helping you do just that! Making simple changes around the house can make a big difference in your power bill. You can find home and business-specific energy saving tips below. You can also visit togetherwesave.com for a host of information on how to save energy and money.
Here are a few quick tips:
- Keep your thermostat set at 68 º F in winter and 78 º F in summer.
- Make sure the registers and vents for your heating/cooling system are not obstructed by furniture, rugs or other objects.
- Use ceiling fans running forward in summer to create a breeze and running in reverse in winter to help circulate heated air.
- Keep your heating and cooling system running well with clean filters and annual service checks, and keep the outdoor unit clear of grass leaves and other debris.
- Keep the lint tray and vent hose on your clothes dryer clean.
- Wash clothes in cold water when possible and try to do laundry in full loads instead of lots of little loads.
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer door seals in good shape.
- Use the air-dry setting on your dishwasher
- Run your swimming pool pump the minimum time needed to get desired results.
If, after using our tips, you still feel that you need an in-home energy audit, please call 770-358-1383 or send a message to set up an appointment with our energy advisor.