SRE Trust Awards $20,500 at July Meeting
The Southern Rivers Energy Trust Board heard from six groups requesting a total of $37,000. $20,500 was awarded to the following groups:
- Coco’s Cupboard: Requested $10,000 to fund vet care, including spaying and neutering of stray animals, to prepare them for adoption. The board awarded $5,000 for spaying and neutering.
- First Assembly of God, Thomaston: Requested and received $2,000 to purchase food for the food pantry.
- Meriwether County Schools: Requested $10,000 to provide counseling rooms at both Manchester and Greenville high schools. The board awarded $2,500 to put toward the most needed furnishings at Greenville High School wraparound center.
- Project Linus: Requested and received $2,000 to purchase supplies to make blankets for children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or in crisis. Blankets are distributed to children’s wings at local hospitals, fire departments, DFACs offices, etc.
- Mission Reborn: A non-profit Christian organization based in Newnan whose mission is develop leaders in local communities. Partnered with Citizen Action groups in Meriwether County and requested $9,000 to help purchase backpacks and school supplies for 730 students for the 2020 School Supply giveaway. The board awarded $5,000 to purchase the supplies most needed.
- Camp Dream Foundation: Requested $4,000 provide summer camp in a box and ½ day summer camp following CDC guidelines for children and young adults with disabilities. The board awarded $4,000 to provide 50 camp out boxes and send 20 campers from our areas to day camp.
Submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org on Mon, 08/31/2020 - 9:23am