The HomePlus Energy Efficient Home Improvement Financing Program is designed to help encourage members to purchase and install energy-efficient home improvements. The loan program enables Southern Rivers Energy members to finance energy-efficient improvements at 7.9% APR*! The loans are made by Go Energy Financial, which has been serving electric cooperatives in Georgia for over 50 years.
Some of the eligible items consumers can finance:
- Energy Star rated heating and cooling systems
- Energy Star rated water heaters
- Energy Star rated windows and doors
- Insulation and ventilation for home attics, walls, crawl spaces, and basements
- Weatherization items: weatherstripping, caulking, duct sealing, and insulation
- Energy Star rated major home appliances: Refrigerators, freezers, stoves, dishwashers, clothes washers, etc. Excludes entertainment appliances
- Energy Star rated roof systems
Energy Star requires that the complete heating/cooling system meets requirements. Not all replacement heat pump systems meet the Energy Star requirements. Please ask your contractor to adhere to the Energy Star requirements for HVAC systems.
The Energy Star Specifications for Air Conditioning/Heat Pumps are detailed here.
For a complete list of Energy Star rated systems go to EnergyStar.gov